Youth Digital Mod Design 1
Brand: Youth Digital
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 5.2 x 1.2 inches
- Media: CD-ROM
- Release Date: March 1, 2014
- Kids, ages 8-14, learn Java programming by making their own Mods for Minecraft
- Includes 30+ hours of online & interactive videos
- Includes quizzes, badges, challenges, contests and bonus material
- Includes 1 year access to online course and teacher support
- Winner of the 2014 Top Homeschooling Curriculum & 2015 Parents' Choice Gold Awards!
Platform: PC/Mac Kids Learn to Code in Java by Making Mods for Minecraft Youth Digital's mission is to teach kids real software coding and designskills by creating awesome projects with cutting-edge technology. In our most popular online course, kids will learn the fundamentals of Javaprogramming by creating their own Minecraft Mod for the PC / Mac version ofMinecraft. For every item, block or creature they want to add, kids will firstdesign and then code their object in Java. At the end of the course, they willhave their own completed Minecraft Mod that they created from scratch. Mod Design 1 for Minecraft is a unique opportunity for young students to learnJava in an exciting way. They will not only come away with an impressiveproject to share with their friends, but also with a foundational knowledge ofobject-oriented programming. Software Overview In order to get started Modding, students first download and install Eclipse(a professional programming tool), and Java version 1.7. We install a staticversion of Java so that if Java updates, it will not disrupt the coursetechnology and user experience. Additionally, we use Minecraft version 1.6.4 to teach students how to createtheir own mod. We use this version instead of the most recent 1.8 versionbecause more recent updates would not be as stable or consistent for ourstudents long-term. While we teach our students program using the code basefor Minecraft 1.6.4, they can export their project to the latest 1.8 versionat the end of the course. Requirements: -Minecraft for PC/Mac -Windows 10, 8, 7, or XP or Mac OS 10.7 or higher -Macs MUST be 64-bit (after 2008) -Internet connection with download speeds of > 1 Mbps Includes a box, so it makes a great gift!
We accept all major Credit Cards, Amazon Payments, and Bitcoin.
We also offer an Additional 2% Discount for Direct Bank Debit Payments via Kash.com
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We Also Recommend