Global G-4 - 7 inch, 18cm Oriental Chef's Knife
- Product Dimensions: 14.7 x 3.5 x 0.9 inches
- Item Weight: 9.6 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces
- Department: Cookware
- Manufacturer: Global
- Item model number: G-4
- Lightweight, precisely balanced 7-inch Oriental chef's knife
- Blade made of high-tech molybdenum/vanadium stainless steel
- Edge retains razor sharpness exceptionally well
- Stainless-steel handle molded for comfort, dimpled for safe grip
- Lifetime warranty against defects and breakage
Lightweight, precisely balanced 7-inch Oriental chef's knife Blade made ofhigh-tech molybdenum/vanadium stainless steel Edge retains razor sharpnessexceptionally well Stainless-steel handle molded for comfort, dimpled for safegrip Lifetime warranty against defects and breakage High-tech from tip to handle, Global knives from Japan created a sensationwhen they burst onto the world's culinary stage as an alternative totraditional European-style cutlery. Blades are made of hardmolybdenum/vanadium stainless steel and "face-ground" with a long taper ratherthan a short bevel so edges remain sharp longer than even the best high-carbonstainless-steel knives. Edges also are ground at a more acute angle thantraditional European-style knives and arrive from the factory razor sharp.Although Global also makes a heavyweight line for cooks who prefer heftyknives, its original knives--of which this 7-inch Oriental chef's knife (orsantoku) is an example--have thinner blades and are lighter than traditionalEuropean-style knives. Global also dispensed with bolsters on its originalknives to reduce weight. Global achieves balance in these knives by injectinga precise amount of sand for a particular blade style into a hollow handle. Toensure balance is continuous, the sand flows inside the handle as a cookmaneuvers the blade. A finger notch between blade and handle provides safety. Stainless-steel handles are Global's most striking feature. They're molded tofit the hand and dimpled to resist slipping. Smaller around than manyEuropean-style handles, they're easy for small-handed cooks to grasp, and theseamless construction between handle and blade is more sanitary. This knife'swedge-shaped handle is particularly well engineered for grasping securely witha relaxed hand. Global recommends using a ceramic sharpener or a diamond steelinstead of a metal sharpening steel for its knives, supplemented by asynthetic whetstone, a ceramic whetstone, or a Shinkansen Sharpener. Globalalso makes a sharpening guide set so blades can be honed on a whetstone at theproper angle. Global knives should be hand washed to protect edges. They carrya lifetime warranty against defects and breakage. _--Fred Brack_
We accept all major Credit Cards, Amazon Payments, and Bitcoin.
We also offer an Additional 2% Discount for Direct Bank Debit Payments via Kash.com
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We Also Recommend