3M Scotch Tough Transparent Duct Tape, 1.8-Inch, 20 yds
Size Name: 20 Yard
- Part Number: 2120-A
- Item Weight: 7 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 4 x 5 inches
- Origin: USA
- California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning
- Item model number: 2120-A
- Size: 20 Yard
- Color: Opaque
- Style: Transparent
- Material: polyethylene
- Thickness: 0.23 millimeters
- Installation Method: Self-Adhesive
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Batteries Included?: No
- Batteries Required?: No
- Shipping Weight: 6.4 ounces
- Date First Available: October 2, 2001
- Transparent Duct Tape conforms to the surface its applied to; tears easily by hand
- Utility-grade duct tape offers polyethylene-coated cloth with rubber adhesive and low-tack edges
- Perfect for general maintenance, wrapping, sealing and protecting
- Recommended Applications: Discretely repairing household items such as, Patio Furniture
- Children's Toys
- Home electronics
- Strong enough to tackle almost any repair project in or around the home, vehicle, boat, or job site
Size Name: 20 Yard | Style: Transparent Scotch Transparent Duct Tape makes your repair less obvious. It will not fallapart in extreme temperatures or harsh UV conditions like other all-purposeduct tapes. High-performance duct tape is strong enough for most repairsaround the home, vehicle, boat or job site. Tear easily by hand lengthwise andcrosswise. Duct tape lasts six times longer than other heavy-duty duct tape. It's not often the word revolutionary can be associated with duct tape, thatold, sticky standby used in plumbing repairs, hockey stick augmentation, andhomeland security protection. By getting the gray out--and avoiding the "sorethumb" look of typical duct tape repairs--3M's Scotch Transparent Duct Tapecan indeed lay claim to a revolution of the toolbox. But seeing through it isjust the start. This duct tape can be easily torn by hand, is UV resistant,and, through accelerated weathering tests, has been shown to last six timeslonger than its old-school namesake. Duct tape has been around since 1942 when the military needed a waterprooftape for sealing ammunition boxes. Originally colored green, it was referredto as "duck tape" due to its moisture resistance as well as its cotton duckconstruction--the same ribbed cloth used in bandages. After the war, it wasadopted by contractors working in the booming housing industry, where it gotits "duct" name for easily connecting heating and air conditioning ducts. History's fine, but what can 3M's new, clear duct tape do for us? Virtuallyanything. First, we noticed its powerful stickiness--the roll itself adheresto just about any surface when laid on its side. As advertised, the tape waseasily torn from the roll by hand with minimal force. 3M also seems to haveironed out one of the biggest complaints about duct tape: wrinkles. In ourtesting, we applied it repeatedly and evenly without the tape sticking toitself and without creating odd bumps and creases. And while the tape israther sticky, it doesn't go overboard, easily lifting off surfaces when weneeded it to and not leaving the tacky, viscous residue often found with otherduct tapes. As for its transparency, the tape blended well into just about any surface weapplied it to. It was never "invisible" but did have the chameleon-likequality of reflecting the surface beneath it and only calling attention toitself when caught in direct light. Also, we placed bands of the tape over ourcomputer monitor before writing this review (don't try this at home, kids).Peering through the fabric ribs was a nuisance, but we were able to composethe description you're now reading. How's _that_ for transparency? Our only complaint is that, as with most transparent tapes, finding where tostart peeling the roll can be difficult. While this certainly isn't ashowstopper, we did find a solution: mounting the roll onto a tape gun. Tape, by its nature, is not a terribly exciting product (or topic). But 3M'sScotch Transparent Duct Tape is truly a tipping-point entrant, one that maysomeday become ubiquitous and banish gray duct tape to the nether reaches ofour tool sheds, and memories. _--Agen G.N. Schmitz_ Pros: Transparent, easily blends into the surface background Easily torn from the roll with minimal force Sticky, but not too sticky Adheres smoothly without wrinkles or creases Cons: So transparent that finding where to start peeling the roll can be difficult See all
We accept all major Credit Cards, Amazon Payments, and Bitcoin.
We also offer an Additional 2% Discount for Direct Bank Debit Payments via Kash.com
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We Also Recommend