- Actors: Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively
- Directors: Martin Campbell
- Format: Multiple Formats, Color, Dolby, NTSC, Widescreen
- Language: English
- Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Number of discs: 1
- Rated: PG-13 Parents Strongly Cautioned
- Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
- DVD Release Date: October 14, 2011
- Run Time: 114 minutes
Editorial Reviews In a universe as vast as it is mysterious, an elite force of protectors forpeace and justice has existed for centuries. They are the Green Lantern Corps.When a new enemy called Parallax threatens to destroy the Universe, their fateand the fate of Earth lie in the hands of the Corps' newest recruit, the firsthuman ever selected: Hal Jordan (Ryan Reynolds). Bringing the popularsuperhero to the big screen for the first time, Green Lantern also stars BlakeLively (_Gossip Girl_), Peter Sarsgaard (_Orphan_), Mark Strong (_SherlockHolmes_), Academy Award nominee Angela Bassett and Academy Award winner TimRobbins. As far as superheroes go, Green Lantern may lack the clean, iconic lines ofhis more respectable DC counterparts Superman and Batman, but the verywonkiness of the premise (earthling joins elite force of space cops) lendsitself to a pulpy, operatic, not-entirely-serious approach. (One of histeammates is a talking carrot, after all.) Capitalizing on a charmingperformance by Ryan Reynolds, the feature-film adaptation is a big, messymovie that, at its best, generates a feeling of aw-shucks wonder. Much like_Thor_, it isn't afraid to loosen up on the inner turmoil of its hero and gomacro. Based on comic writer Geoff Johns's retrofitting of the titlecharacter, the story follows Hal Jordan (Reynolds), an impulsive test pilotwhose encounter with a dying alien leaves him with an energy ring capable ofweaponizing his imagination. While struggling to master his will-based powers,he must deal with threats both earthbound (a hilariously nebbishy PeterSaarsgard, who may be the first supervillain to rock a hoodie) and galactic.Martin Campbell, a director who specializes in more down-to-earth heroics(_Casino Royale_,_The Mask of Zorro_), brings a pleasing matter-of-factbaseline to the proceedings, an approach that makes the increasinglyoutlandish effects truly feel special when they occur. _Green Lantern_ has itsdebits, certainly--the lack of a memorable theme, a second act that hems andhaws before getting to the action, the standard origin story shoehorning intoo many secondary plots--but its final scenes succeed on a Gigantor, cosmiclevel where most superhero movies fear to tread. The bigger it goes, the moregoofily enjoyable it gets. _--Andrew Wright_
We accept all major Credit Cards, Amazon Payments, and Bitcoin.
We also offer an Additional 2% Discount for Direct Bank Debit Payments via Kash.com
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We Also Recommend