A Decade Of Dio: 1983-1993 (6CD Boxset)
- Audio CD (July 22, 2016)
- Number of Discs: 6
- Format: Box set
- Note on Boxed Sets: During shipping, discs in boxed sets occasionally become dislodged without damage. Please examine and play these discs. If you are not completely satisfied, we'll refund or replace your purchase.
- Label: Rhino/Warner Bros.
Editorial Reviews Follow Dio through the band's early years with A DECADE OF DIO: 1983-1993, anew box set that brings together their first six studio albums, each featuringnewly remastered sound. It includes: Holy Diver (1983) The Last In Line (1984) Sacred Heart (1985) Dream Evil (1987) Lock Up The Wolves (1990) Strange Highways (1993) This 6CD set will come housed in boxes featuring new artwork by Marc Sasso,who was responsible for many of the band's iconic covers. Ronnie James Dio's sinister howl and wicked songcraft bewitched hard rock fansin the Seventies and Eighties during his memorable stints with Elf, Rainbow,and Black Sabbath. In 1983, the singer formed his own band, launching asuccessful solo career that led to 10 studio albums and sales of more than 10million records around the world. After two albums with Black Sabbath, Ronnie James Dio left in 1982 and formedDio with fellow Sabbath band mate Vinny Appice on drums. The group s platinum-selling debut Holy Diver arrived in 1983 and is now revered as a heavy metalmasterpiece, including two songs that would become rock signatures: the titletrack and the epic Rainbow In The Dark. The band returned the following year with The Last In Line (1984), whichbecame the band s second platinum seller and included the single Mystery, aswell as We Rock, a song the band often used to close its shows. Sacred Heart(1985) achieved gold certification and introduced fans to the concert stapleRock n Roll Children. Dio s fourth studio album, Dream Evil (1987) includedthe singles All The Fools Sailed Away and I Could Have Been A Dreamer. In the Nineties, the group released two more stellar studio albums. Lock UpThe Wolves arrived in 1990 and featured the single Hey Angel and rocking titletrack. Following a brief reunion with Black Sabbath in 1992, Dio returned withStrange Highways in 1993. The album featured future fan favorites like Jesus,Mary and The Holy Ghost, Evilution, and the title track. Although Ronnie James Dio lost his battle with stomach cancer in 2010, histowering voice and legacy live on. The Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and ShoutCancer Fund, co-founded by Wendy Dio, is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charitablefund dedicated to supporting cancer-prevention research, raising awareness andeducating the public about the vital importance of early detection andprevention when dealing with this deadly disease.
We accept all major Credit Cards, Amazon Payments, and Bitcoin.
We also offer an Additional 2% Discount for Direct Bank Debit Payments via Kash.com
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We Also Recommend