A Fever You Can't Sweat Out
- Audio CD (September 27, 2005)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Label: Decaydance
Editorial Reviews This Las Vegas band strives to create a unique sound by blending melody-drivenrock with dance. This is a rock record you can dance to; that's fun andsincere at the same time. Produced by Matt Squire (Northstar, The Explosion,The Receiving End Of Sirens). Panic! At The Disco is the first band signed toPete Wentz's (Fall Out Boy) Decaydance Records, a Fueled By Ramen imprintlabel. "...Imagine The Faint meets The Postal Service with all of the popsensibilities of a Blink 182" - Peter Wentz. 2005. Barely out of high school when signed as the first act for Powered By Ramen'snew Decaydance imprint, guitarist Ryan Ross and drummer Spencer Smith ofPanic! at the Disco had previously cut their musical teeth in a local LasVegas Blink 182 cover band. It's that familiar, contempo-punk-pop sensibility,bolstered by the amped-up emo-core ambitions of singer Brendan Urie (typifiedby the snarky gem "The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is PressCoverage") that dominates the opening tracks of the album. It's a shrewd hook,one the band steadily expands -- sonically and lyrically -- thereafter. Thenervous energy of "London Beckoned Songs About Money Written By Machines" isset off by sonic embroidery that's sounds as intriguing as the vocoder shtickof "Nails For Breakfast..." does dated. Yet "Camisado" quickly shakes upSupertramp's prog-pomp with a double-shot of modern punk-pop smarts, analchemy the band and producer Mint Squire performs with similarly inventive,genre-blurring ambition (complete with a quasi-Grand Guignol "Intermission"nearly worthy of Queen) on "Lying is the Most Fun..." and such standouts as"But Its Better If You Do" and the arch delight "Build God, Then We'll Talk."Too many young bands are content slaves to fashion; this one has forged apromising debut by shrewdly taking fashion hostage, then standing it firmly onits head. _-- Jerry McCulley_
We accept all major Credit Cards, Amazon Payments, and Bitcoin.
We also offer an Additional 2% Discount for Direct Bank Debit Payments via Kash.com
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We Also Recommend