The Lakota Way 2017 Wall Calendar: Native American Wisdom on Ethics and Character
- Calendar: 28 pages
- Publisher: Amber Lotus Publishing; Wal edition (June 21, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1631361546
- ISBN-13: 978-1631361548
- Product Dimensions: 11.8 x 0.3 x 11.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.6 ounces
About the Author Jim Yellowhawk grew up on the Cheyenne River Reservation inSouth Dakota. He is an enrolled member of the Itazipco Band of the CheyenneRiver Sioux Tribe and of the Onondaga/Iroquois on his mother's side.Yellowhawk has been immersed in the arts of his ancestors since he was a youngboy. His grandmother Annie Yellowhawk was a traditional beadworker and rolemodel for traditional ways, and his father, Jerry Yellowhawk, is a passionateartist in a variety of mediums. Jim Yellowhawk graduated from Marion College,Indiana, with a Bachelor of Science in art; he also studied at ColumbusCollege of Art and Design in Ohio. He has brought his art to the internationalcommunity and has been invited to perform Lakota men's traditional dance atvenues all over the world. Having spent time in New Zealand, he now exhibitshis art in galleries there. Yellowhawk's recent focus in his art has been onhealing; his mural at Eagle Butte Hospital in South Dakota honors his latewife, Ruth Yellowhawk. He currently divides his time between the Black Hillsof South Dakota, and Golden Bay, New Zealand. Joseph M. Marshall III is amember of the Sicangu Lakota (Rosebud Sioux) tribe. He has appeared intelevision documentaries, served as a technical adviser for movies, and was atechnical adviser and narrator for the miniseries Into the West, in which heplayed the role of Loved by the Buffalo. Marshall is the author of numerousbooks, including The Journey of Crazy Horse: A Lakota History, The Day theWorld Ended at Little Bighorn, The Long Knives Are Crying, and The Power ofFour: Leadership Lessons of Crazy Horse. Read more
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We Also Recommend