The Pocket Guide To The Dsm-5(Tm) Diagnostic Exam
The Pocket Guide to the DSM-5(TM) Diagnostic Exam
- Paperback: 281 pages
- Publisher: American Psychiatric Publishing; 1 edition (May 27, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1585624667
- ISBN-13: 978-1585624669
- Product Dimensions: 0.5 x 4.8 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6.4 ounces
Editorial Reviews Review "Nussbaum writes clearly and succinctly, with special emphasis on presentingrather complicated concepts in an organized step-by-step manner. ... ThePocket Guide to the DSM-5 Diagnostic Exam has earned its place on our desks.... Armed with wisdom and compassion stemming from years of practice, Dr.Nussbaum has written an entertaining and informative book that makes for aworthwhile read." --_American Journal of Psychiatry_ From the Author Confused about how DSM-5 will change the clinical interview? I was too, so Iwrote this book, using DSM-5 criteria, to show how you could conduct a thirty-minute diagnostic interview that screened for every DSM-5 category of mentaldisorder while building a therapeutic alliance. This book not only includesthe official DSM-5 criteria, it shows you _how_ to use them in your practice,with interview questions tied to the specific criteria for each disorder. In addition, the book reviews the goals of a diagnostic interview, alliance-building, changes in DSM-5, alternative diagnostic systems, and more. I direct the adult inpatient psychiatry service at Denver Health, where Iinterview patients daily with medical students, psychiatric residents,practicing psychiatrists, primary care physicians, psychologists, socialworkers, nurse practitioners, and therapists. This book grew out of an award-winning curriculum I teach at the University of Colorado and is designed forpractitioners and students in all disciplines. See all Editorial Reviews
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We Also Recommend